Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Operation Fit Girl

Lately I've been completely unhappy with my body and I've been trying to turn it around. Earlier this month I came across an Instagram account called FitGirlsGuide  and this is a company that sells and promotes weight loss books. The books include inspirational messages, complete meal plans, as well as weekly workout routines. At the time when I looked at it they were advertising that the next "challenge" was to start on March 14th. Without  second guessing I quickly clicked on the link and purchased the entire package of ebooks. This included: The Detox, Fit Girl Cookbook, Fitkini Challenge, 28 Day Jumpstart, Fit Girl Bootcamp, and a journal to go along with the bootcamp. At the time it was on sale for $125 (the books individually retail between $20 to $50); I think it was a good deal. Immediately I began to look through the books and decided that I didn't want to wait until the 14th, I was going to the detox starting on Monday.
For some reason I wasn't content with simply going to Publix to pick up all the groceries on the supplied grocery list, instead I ventured thirty minutes away to Trader Joe's. There I spent around $85 on everything minus a couple items; so altogether I spent approximately $100 for the detox food. The meals for the detox were alright, some were my favorites and some I will never try again. The point of the detox is to cleanse you body from all of the sugars and fats and to basically restart your pallet and prepare yourself for a healthier diet without completely jumping full throttle. 
Currently I am three days into the 28 Day Jumpstart and LET ME TELL you this is the best money I've spent. Groceries for this week were around $60 (not bad if you ask me) and I've been  eating pizza and tacos! What diet let's you eat that? I'll wait... oh that's right you probably don't have an answer because they don't. I was skeptical about these tacos but oh my goodness they're good, you can't even tell they're healthy. Another great plus about this one is you can eat chocolate too! 
All in all I would totally recommend this to any girl out there trying to lose weight or trying to get fit. Not only because it provides you with all the tools and information you need but because there is such a large support system on the Instagram end of it. So many girls start these challenges each month and for many (definitely me) it becomes more than a thing to lose weight, it becomes a lifestyle.
I'm looking forward to making these changes and I'm excited to see where this journey will lead me. Follow along with my FitGirl journey on my Instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment