Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Hour at Dexter's Thorton Park

Dexter's Thorton Park
808 E Washington St.
Monday to Wednesday- 7 am to 10 pm
Thursday- 7 am to 11 pm
Friday- 7 am to 2 am
Saturday- 11 am to 2 am
Sunday- 10 am to 10 pm
Happy Hour Hours:
Monday- 3 pm to close (which I thought was phenomenal)
Tuesday to Friday- 3 pm to 7 pm

After an afternoon of wedding dress alterations with my friends, we decided to grab a small bite to eat in Thorton Park. We ended up at Dexter's in the Thorton Park district of Downtown Orlando and chose to sit outside on the patio because the weather was nice for a change. Two of my friends each had the Peach Bellini Martini, and my other friend had the Ultimate Bloody Mary. I chose to have a drink made with 44's North Mountain Shore Huckleberry vodka (Misspelled as "Ghuckleberry" in their drink menu). For food all together our table ordered the Chicken Tortilla Pie, Chicken Noodle Soup, Creme Brulee, and the Caramel deLites® Cheesecake. The specials were only on the drinks but they were good deals, all of our drinks were $2 off and they also had $10 off bottles of wine. 

I chose to drink the Huckleberry Lemonade. I didn't decide to take a picture until after I squeezed in the orange garnish but I think it still looks nice. The drink was really good, it had a berry lemonade taste which I think was how it was meant to taste. 
One friend had the Ultimate Bloody Mary, it was really flavorful and spicy (the peppery spicy not the hot) it came garnished with olives that were stuffed with a smoked cheese.
Two of my friends each had the Peach Bellini and the Creme Brulee. The Peach Bellini was a bit strong and kind of orange-y tasting rather than the Mango/Peach flavor that was advertised in the menu. One sent it back, the other suffered through it. The Creme Brulee though, they said, was really good. 
The Chicken Tortilla Pie. This is not at all what I was expecting. For starters, it was crispy. I was expecting something that was soft, like tortillas, not crispy tortilla chips. And then the flavor- it tasted more like pizza than it did any sort of Mexican entree. It was still good despite the crunchy-Italian flavor. 
The other friend ordered the Chicken Noodle Soup and chose for her second drink the Sunset Martini. The martini was good, it was sweet and drinkable, everything I would look for in a martini. The Chicken Noodle Soup was a bit different because it was made with shells, not a pasta usually used in Chicken Noodle Soup. She said the dish was good but that her "mom's is still better."
The friend who sent back her Peach Bellini ordered the Lemon Berry Martini instead. The drink was a little tart but with the sugared rim it was good. I didn't think the drink was too tart without it. 
Caramel deLites Cheesecake. Two of us ordered the cheesecake for desert. I originally ordered the Strawberry Cheesecake but then our waiter returned and told us that they no longer had that cheesecake it had been replaced with this one. I was a little disappointed to hear that (strawberry and chocolate are on two different ends of the flavor spectrum) but I ordered it anyway. It was really good, the Caramel deLites cookies were used as the crust for the cake. I thought the chocolate drizzle was a little strong and syrupy tasting for the cake, kind of over-whelming. 

Overall I think Dexter's was a good choice. They're a nice environment with a wide variety of food to choose from. I also don't think their menu is too pricey, I spent $30 with tip included for the drink, entree and dessert. I wouldn't make a long drive to go there but if you're in the area, it's something I would recommend. 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment